You want to make sure that your home is tidy, and that specific areas of the home that will be inspected have easy access and are free of clutter. Areas of interest are typically:
- Attic hatch, if it's in a closet, you'll want to move any clothing that has the potential to impede access, and cover remaining nearby clothing so that falling debris doesn't dirty them.
- Clear out under your sinks so that the inspector can look at the plumbing.
- Clear space in your furnace and utility room so that there is easy access to the mechanicals.
- Clear the perimeter of the home so the foundation can be inspected.
- Clean out debris from your gutters.
- Ensure your interior and exterior doors are latching properly to the frame.